Quality Assurance Specialist
12 Heritage Way Gloucester, MA 01930 US
This could be a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with great BENEFITS for the right candidate!
As a Quality Assurance Specialist your role is vital in ensuring that all products meet the highest quality standards and comply with relevant regulations and customer requirements. You will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining quality control processes throughout the production cycle, conducting inspections and tests, and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
7:00am - 3:30pm
$80,000 - $105,000K
Quality Control Monitoring:
- Oversee quality control procedures from raw material intake to finished product packaging.
- Conduct regular inspections of production processes, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Monitor and document key quality indicators, such as temperature, humidity, and product characteristics.
- Identify and report any deviations or non-conformities to the appropriate personnel.
- Perform routine sampling and testing of raw materials, in-process samples, and finished products.
- Utilize laboratory equipment and analytical methods to assess product quality and compliance.
- Analyze test results and promptly report any out-of-specification findings.
- Maintain accurate records of all testing activities and results.
- Collaborate with the production team to identify areas for process improvement.
- Assist in the development and implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Provide recommendations to enhance product quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and regulatory requirements to suggest relevant improvements.
- Prepare and maintain quality control documentation, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and test protocols.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to the management team and relevant stakeholders.
Compliance and Auditing:
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards, food safety regulations, and customer specifications.
- Participate in internal and external audits, assisting in the preparation and response to audit findings.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of quality management systems, such as HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and ISO certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in food science, chemistry, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience in quality assurance or quality control within the food industry, preferably in seasoning or spice production.
- Strong knowledge of quality control principles, regulations, and best practices.
- Familiarity with food safety standards (e.g., FDA, USDA), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and relevant certifications (e.g., HACCP, ISO).
- Proficient in conducting quality tests and using laboratory equipment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify deviations or anomalies.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and report findings.
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving abilities to identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Strong organizational skills to manage documentation and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
Hours and Pay Rate
This is a full-time position which operates during normal business hours Monday through Friday. $80K-105K
Meet Your Recruiter
Brad has been in the staffing industry for "far longer than he would like to admit.” Brad brings over 20 years of sales, operations, management and recruiting experience and industry knowledge to Schulte Staffing. Brad offers career counseling and resume reviews for our candidates in addition to providing guidance on customized client staffing programs. When Brad is not offering career advice to our candidates, he is "offering" advice to his five children. Brad coordinates an annual family turkey drive feeding 50 local families a complete Thanksgiving dinner. He enjoys his beloved Red Sox, cooking and taking day trips along the coast.