Business Development Rep
1 Technology Drive Peabody, MA 01960
Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking an experienced business development representative for our client in Peabody, MA. Our client is an international ITAD Services company. This is a direct hire opportunity in an exciting and growing field.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities for field sale teams to pursue. Business Development Representatives drive demand for an organization' s products and solutions in a variety of ways, including further qualifying leads that have been generated by marketing and or the sales organization, managing and qualifying inbound lead activity; engaging in small-net fishing programs; cold calling; and appointment setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualify prospects against established criteria prior to passing them to inside reps, field reps or channel partners as marketing qualified leads (MQLs).
- Generate new leads for the sales organization to pursue.
- Receive pre-determined groups of prospects back from field or channel sales for further nurturing using both the telephone and email.
- Process inbound leads, both telephone and Web/chat-based.
- Comply with all lead-management-related service-level agreements.
- Provide accurate weekly forecasts to the marketing and sales organizations on the volume of leads expected to achieve MQL status.
- Track and manage prospecting, qualification, and nurture activities in the company' s sales force automation (SFA) platform.
- Develop/build solid high-trust business relationship with customers/suppliers
- Manage customer relationships including collecting deposits/payments from the customers on time and coordinating with the support team to take care of any applicable RMA’ s and resolving any disputes that may arise.
- Overnight travel for customer/supplier visits.
- Other projects as assigned by Management.
Technologies Supporting the Role:
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Zoom Info
- SFDC (Sales Force Dot Com)
- Bachelor’ s degree desired.
- 1-5 years’ of prospecting experience, depending on the complexity of the product/solution being sold, as well as the level of prospect called (e.g. IT buyer vs. CXO).
- B2B experience selling a similar type of market.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and SFA (Sales Force Automation) systems.
- Has worked in an industry with significant volumes of customer/prospect interaction (e.g. retail, auto selling, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Active listening to assess prospect needs and opportunities.
- Ability to articulate a reasonable premise for each and every call.
- Able to perform prospect and account research to prepare for calls.
- Ability to interpret data from MAPs to personalize outbound communications.
- Able to use existing and emerging social media tools to monitor targeted accounts and prospects and identify trigger events for follow up.
- Discipline to maintain high call volumes (minimum 40 outbound calls per day).
- Comfortable with ambiguity; highly adaptable to new circumstances.
- Natural curiosity to interface with others and ask questions.
- Not easily intimidated by lack of knowledge or the seniority of the prospect potentially being called on.
- Exhibits empathy for other' s problems and challenges.
- Competitive and motivated.
- Self-starter who takes initiative to achieve goals.
- Team player who is coachable and has an eagerness to learn.
- Telephone selling techniques.
- Automated dialer technologies.
- SFA systems/best practices.
- Company' s lead management processes, and product and service value propositions.
- Primary pain points and value drivers for each of company' s target audiences.
- Targeted personas and buying roles.
- Communication— Exhibits good listening and comprehension, expressed ideas and thoughts in written form, expresses ideas and thoughts verbally, keeps others adequately informed and selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation— Establishes and maintains effective collaborative relationships with others at all levels of the organization, exhibits tact and consideration and works actively to resolve conflict
- Customer Service— Displays courtesy and sensitivity, manages difficult or emotional customers situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving— Develops alternative solutions, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, identifies problems in a timely manner, resolves problems in their early stages and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Quality and Quantity— Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with attentions to detail and achieves established goals while striving to increase productivity.
- Sales Skills— Achieves sales goals; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
Marcela brings to our team her professional experience in admin/HR and customer service and applies them to the staffing industry. Marcela has an uncanny ability to work with a diverse group of people. Marcela recently relocated to Salem, MA with her husband from Denver, CO. She dedicates her free time to exploring new surroundings, traveling, reading, learning new languages (Spanish, English, French) and spending time with her dog and two cats.