CNC Lathe Machinist
247 Lynnfield Street Peabody, MA 01960
Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a CNC Lathe Machinist for our client in Peabody. Our client is a lead engineer and manufacturer of precision servo actuators, gear heads and gear component. Resulting in being able to provide custom engineered solutions to a wide of businesses. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing company. Our client offers an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and work environment.
Machinists are responsible for the manufacture and inspection of high precision products in many instances, the operator is the ‘ final inspector’ before the parts are in the customer’ s hands. Machinists are expected to set up and operate various CNC machines used to manufacture parts used in harmonic gears and gearheads, as well as correctly interpret documentation, and accurately measure their work.
- Set up and operate various types of CNC lathes and/or machining centers in accordance with company policy, procedures and time standards. Okuma, Matsuura, and Mori Seiki machines are currently used at HDLLC.
- Perform repetitious machining operations on production work.
- Machine precision products under minimal supervision using the ability to inspect parts, and to read and interpret drawings, sketches and work instructions.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work with colleagues in a professional and cooperative manner
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical or vocational school background is helpful
- 3+ Years in a Manufacturing environment
- Visual acuity (corrected) sufficient to inspect parts and to read and interpret drawings, sketches and work instructions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work.
- Physical ability to do work requiring prolonged standing, frequent stooping, bending, squatting, kneeling, bending or twisting and lifting.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds