CNC Lathe Machinist Set Up
2 Stanley Tucker Drive Newburyport, MA 01950 US
Machinists are responsible for the manufacture and inspection of high precision products in many instances, the operator is the ‘final inspector’ before the parts are in the customer’s hands. Machinists are expected to set up and operate various CNC machines used to manufacture parts as well as correctly interpret documentation, and accurately measure their work.
- Setup and run 2 axis as well as multi axis lathes, live tooling and sub-spindle experience preferred. (Mori, Samsung, Okuma, and Hass)
- Fully inspect a part prior to sending it into Quality.
- Perform in process inspection using standard precision inspection tools (calipers, micrometers, micro height, CMM experience a plus).
- Read and interpret GD&T.
- Optimize programs to maximize machine output.
- Strictly adhere to our AS9100D requirements
- Hold tolerances of .0005" or less
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Prioritize jobs based on customer’s due date.
- Own quality and consistently produce high quality parts that meet customer requirements.
- 300 series, PH,
- Inconel, Ti
- Experience with Mastercam, CamWorks, Solidworks a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ Years in a Manufacturing environment
Experience with Mastercam, CamWorks, Solidworks a plus
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Staffing Recruiter
Chris joined the Schulte Team in early 2021 and quickly contributed and became a valuable asset to our group! Chris comes to Schulte with a background in the staffing industry as a full cycle recruiter, staffing in the areas of light industrial, technical and customer support. Chris is a self driven, detail oriented, team player who is truly cares about our client and candidate needs.