Data Center Technician
Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking an experienced staff accountant for an excellent company in Peabody.Our client is an international ITAD Services company. This is a direct hire opportunity in an exciting and growing field.
This role will require the Technician conduct various technical services associated with enterprise IT hardware assets, including testing, data erasure, component evaluation, inventory and repair. Equipment types include: Data Center Hardware, Servers, Networking Equipment and Storage Arrays. These activities will be performed at both headquarter facilities as well as a service onsite worldwide at client’ s facilities. Travel will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Test, grade, evaluate, repair and refurbish Data Center hardware.
• Maintain testing equipment, cabling and software.
• Maintain and track computer hardware inventory levels.
• Perform de-installation of Data Center hardware at client facilities.
• Perform data wiping at client facilities.
• Complete site audits and evaluations to understand client requested services.
• Audit equipment at client facilities to confirm condition and specifications.
• Complete inventory of Data Center hardware.
• Manage sub-contractors.
• Coordinate Logistics.
• Coordinate local labor when needed.
• Create project plans and timelines.
• Create project summary reports and present to the Executive Team.
• Provide detailed reporting and analytics for all in-house and onsite projects
• Assist other areas of the manufacturing operations on an as needed basis.
• Attend company provided training to update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
• Other special projects as requested by management.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
• Technical Degree in an IT related field.
• Expert in Data Centers and/or Corporate IT environments.
• Manufacturing and/or production experience a plus.
• Experience with Data Center GPU’ s and Accelerators a plus.
• Must meet the physical requirements including, but not limited to lifting, walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Data Center Operations
• This position requires great attention to detail.
• Must be able to lift 55-pound.
• Must be able to work in an environment with dust exposure and extreme temperature fluctuations.
• Must be able to wear required ESD clothing and accessories.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to apply common sense with the understanding to carry out instructions.
• Experience configuring and maintaining Data Center hardware.
• Understanding of FC/SCSI/SAS/SATA interfaces and storage arrays
• Intermediate skills using Microsoft Excel.
• Understanding of Data Center power requirements.
• Work well independently and as a team member.
• Good organizational skills and a methodical approach to work.
• The ability to priorities workloads and meet project deadlines.
• Good communication skills between peers, superiors, managers and clients.
• Understand the importance of your role and how your performance reflects the company' s image in the marketplace.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to lift, sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Also, the candidate must be able to comply with OSHA standards.
• Adaptability— Adapts to changes in the work environment and manages competing demands
• Communication— Exhibits good listening and comprehension, Selects and uses appropriate communication methods both verbal and written, keeps others adequately informed.
• Quality & Quantity— Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with attentions to detail and achieves established goals while striving to increase productivity.
• Safety & Security— Observes guidelines and reports potentially unsafe or insecure conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Team Leadership— Fosters team cooperation, supports group problem solving, ensures progress towards goals and acknowledges team accomplishments.
• Use of Technology— Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
Marcela brings to our team her professional experience in admin/HR and customer service and applies them to the staffing industry. Marcela has an uncanny ability to work with a diverse group of people. Marcela recently relocated to Salem, MA with her husband from Denver, CO. She dedicates her free time to exploring new surroundings, traveling, reading, learning new languages (Spanish, English, French) and spending time with her dog and two cats.