Newburyport, MA 01950
Schulte Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic for a growing company in Newburyport, MA. Our client is a leading manufacturer of packaging products for a variety of industries.
The Mechanic is responsible for maintaining and repairing machine and equipment within the plant. This person will work on assigned projects within all areas of the plant. This person will ensure machines are running at optimum with minimal downtime related to machine mechanical or electrical failures.
- Adheres to all company and federal safety requirements.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment is safe by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring tools.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical issues to perform the needed repair or involve the proper resources.
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks to keep machines running
- Identify and order needed parts or equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment
- Utilize all machine shops tools and equipment to perform basic fabrication and electrical functions as needed.
- Stay organized and focused on assigned projects and complete projects on time
- Maintain housekeeping within the maintenance shop
- Responsible for proper lock up and opening of the plant involving the security
- Must be accurate and precise
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or less
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints or manuals
- Capable of operating without direct supervision
Business Relations Specialist
Napole joins our team as the Business Relations Specialist. Napole has been in the Staffing industry since 2001 as a Recruiter and Branch/Operations/Payroll Manager. Along with her industry experience, Napole brings an upbeat personality and drive to develop and grow business relationships making her an excellent fit. She loves helping industry leaders solve hiring challenges and help great people find the positions that change their lives for the better!
Napole is originally from South Africa and recently relocated from WA state. Aside from working on making your experiences unmatched, she enjoys spending time travelling and visiting family.