Mechanical Designer/Draft Engineer
247 Lynnfield Street Peabody, MA 01960
Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a talented Mechanical Designer/Draft Engineer for our client in Peabody. Our client is a lead engineer and manufacturer of precision servo actuators, gear heads and gear component. Resulting in being able to provide custom engineered solutions to a wide of businesses. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing company. Our client offers an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and work environment.
Candidates must possess a strong understanding of electromechanical motion products with a fine attention to detail. Hands-on assembly and test experience are a plus. Understanding of the dynamics of motion and a fundamental knowledge of Precision Power Transmission components will also be expected. Ability to function in an aggressive and fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Create clear and accurate design proposals and documentation for manufacturing, including detail and assembly drawings
- Analyze application requirements from customers and recommend suitable solutions and products
- BOM creation
- Oversee prototype and first-time manufacture of designs
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Superior drawing skills
- Advanced SolidWorks knowledge required.
- Strong exposure to a mechanical engineering or manufacturing environment
- Solid CAD, GD&T, and understanding of ANSI standards
- Knowledge of mechanical power transmission and motion control components a plus
- Understanding of machine shop practice with some hands-on experience in assembly and/or machining a plus
- Familiar with documentation processes
- Experience with aerospace engineering is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSME or equivalent/related proven capability and experience
- Certification in SolidWorks and AutoCAD Essentials
- Certification in GD&T
- 5+ years of hands-on experience
Brad has been in the staffing industry for "far longer than he would like to admit.” Brad brings over 20 years of sales, operations, management and recruiting experience and industry knowledge to Schulte Staffing. Brad offers career counseling and resume reviews for our candidates in addition to providing guidance on customized client staffing programs. When Brad is not offering career advice to our candidates, he is "offering" advice to his five children. Brad coordinates an annual family turkey drive feeding 50 local families a complete Thanksgiving dinner. He enjoys his beloved Red Sox, cooking and taking day trips along the coast.