Product Quality Engineer
Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a Product Quality Engineer for a client in Peabody. Direct hire opportunity. Excellent benefits offered. Mon-Fri; 7: 00 AM - 3: 30 PM.
The Product Quality Engineer is responsible for satisfying customer and HDLLC expectations regarding issues with returned products to include investigation, repair and corrective action.
- Review incoming returned product condition and associated documentation of issue to determine root cause.
- Document S/N and observed product conditions findings within Returned Material Authorization (RMA) Report in the form of emails, photos, work report sheets, etc.
- Review warranty information on company manufactured products.
- Schedule assembly testing equipment and/or other employees to perform investigation when required
- Communicate with Sales Engineers, Inside Sales and Quality Assurance regarding the returned product findings and respond to questions.
- As needed, institute Corrective Action Report (CAR) to correct design or manufacturing issues.
- Manage the repair process to include determining labor and material costs, requisitioning parts, and scheduling repair work.
- Post repair and verify unit is fully tested prior to returning to customer.
- Prepare RMA metrics reports and provide necessary RMA data on all closed reports
- Responsible for repair training and repair supplies
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Hands-on experience assembling and troubleshooting electro-mechanical products
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (in English)
- Basic computer skills
• BSME or BSEE
• 2+ years electro-mechanical experience
• Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work
• Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications
• Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the shop floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to squat or kneel occasionally