Product Quality Engineer
Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a Product Quality Engineer for a client in Peabody. Direct hire opportunity. Excellent benefits offered. Mon-Fri; 7: 00 AM - 3: 30 PM.
The Product Quality Engineer is responsible for satisfying customer and HDLLC expectations regarding issues with returned products to include investigation, repair and corrective action.
- Review incoming returned product condition and associated documentation of issue to determine root cause.
- Document S/N and observed product conditions findings within Returned Material Authorization (RMA) Report in the form of emails, photos, work report sheets, etc.
- Review warranty information on company manufactured products.
- Schedule assembly testing equipment and/or other employees to perform investigation when required
- Communicate with Sales Engineers, Inside Sales and Quality Assurance regarding the returned product findings and respond to questions.
- As needed, institute Corrective Action Report (CAR) to correct design or manufacturing issues.
- Manage the repair process to include determining labor and material costs, requisitioning parts, and scheduling repair work.
- Post repair and verify unit is fully tested prior to returning to customer.
- Prepare RMA metrics reports and provide necessary RMA data on all closed reports
- Responsible for repair training and repair supplies
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Hands-on experience assembling and troubleshooting electro-mechanical products
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (in English)
- Basic computer skills
• BSME or BSEE
• 2+ years electro-mechanical experience
• Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work
• Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications
• Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the shop floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to squat or kneel occasionally
Marcela brings to our team her professional experience in admin/HR and customer service and applies them to the staffing industry. Marcela has an uncanny ability to work with a diverse group of people. Marcela recently relocated to Salem, MA with her husband from Denver, CO. She dedicates her free time to exploring new surroundings, traveling, reading, learning new languages (Spanish, English, French) and spending time with her dog and two cats.