Production Engineer I
42 Dunham Ridge Road Beverly, MA 01915 US
The Production Engineer I is responsible for recommending, planning and implementation of ongoing process and production improvements, including work-cell layout, product flow optimization, cost reduction and quality improvements. Consideration of ergonomics, employee health, safety and quality of work life are important. Equipment layout, set up and training are also part of this position.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
Pay Rate: $75,000K - $85,000K
• Plans and sets up work centers in conjunction with Mfg. Engineering to create an efficient workflow, yield and quality of work performed.
• Works hands-on with a wide variety of manufacturing equipment and processes with a focus on Electromechanical assembly and machining.
• Works with manufacturing engineers, quality control personnel, supervisors and machine operators to maximize shop-floor productivity.
• Participates in root-cause analysis and corrective action of quality discrepancies.
• Assists in training of machine operators on company procedures and task-specific requirements.
• Implements 5s and other LEAN tools within the company
• Reviews and improves production processes and labor standards
• Assists operators at the bench level to raise their level of performance, yield and quality
• Use and update ERP/Assembly planner system as required
• Working knowledge of general mechanical, and precision electro-mechanical assembly
• Experience setting up wire processing equipment a plus
• Good general computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work creatively and responsibly with minimal supervision
• Implementing 5s and other LEAN tools, as well as process improvements
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
• Associate’s degree in Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline required; an advanced degree is a plus
• At least 10 years production experience in a progressive technical responsibility; Preferably in the electromechanical assembly, mechanical assembly, or medical equipment space
• General knowledge of machine shops and practices for Electro Mechanical, working knowledge for Mechanical.
• LEAN tool implementation
• Good general computer skills
Must be able to complete a pre-employment physical and 11-panel drug screen that includes THC.
All interested candidates should apply directly to this ad or contact Chris or Julie at Schulte Staffing 978-594-0497
***This position is restricted to U.S. citizens due to U.S. government contract regulations that require the employment of only persons who are U.S. citizens. Must have the ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance***
Meet Your Recruiter
Brad has been in the staffing industry for "far longer than he would like to admit.” Brad brings over 20 years of sales, operations, management and recruiting experience and industry knowledge to Schulte Staffing. Brad offers career counseling and resume reviews for our candidates in addition to providing guidance on customized client staffing programs. When Brad is not offering career advice to our candidates, he is "offering" advice to his five children. Brad coordinates an annual family turkey drive feeding 50 local families a complete Thanksgiving dinner. He enjoys his beloved Red Sox, cooking and taking day trips along the coast.