Newburyport, MA 01950
Schulte Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Production Scheduler for a growing company in Newburyport, MA. Our client is a leading manufacturer of packaging products for a variety of industries.
Oversees and executes the planning of manufacturing. Plans, coordinates and executes production scheduling activities necessary to meet the company’ s finished goods production and inventory goals. This person will maintain and control raw material and finished goods inventory.
- Oversee the prioritizing and scheduling of all production activities ensuring materials, manpower, and machinery availability for timely order completion.
- Ensure on-time delivery of products and information to customers.
- Work with sales, customer service, and plant operations to assign average forecasts, seasonal profiles, status codes, and other planning system parameters.
- Communicate with customer service/sales staff for all pertinent information which might affect the planning, manufacturing, or shipment of the product to the customer.
- Review customer orders, compare to forecast and plan, and control " drop-in" orders, " pull-up" orders and cancellations.
- Ensure that component parts arrive on the production floor as scheduled and track the orders as they are completed for all items.
- Coordinate new product launches, including analysis of forecasts, monitoring successes, and failures.
- Coordinate new and existing product samples and trials.
- Analyze and adjust lead-times, forecasts, and all other parameters of assigned vendors.
- Oversee and coordinate physical inventories and cycle counts.
- Monitor and manage component and finished goods inventories and review shortages, excess and obsolete items.
- Control custom-made stock to eliminate obsolescence.
- Work with material handling personnel to minimize materials issues and streamline product flow paths.
- Seek out waste and excess cost and develop and implement cost reduction methods and strategies.
- Prepare management reports on plans and activities.
- Experience using software-based production scheduling and materials management systems.
- Release work orders to shop floor and data center.
- A good understanding of lean manufacturing principles is preferred.
- Should have strong converted-paper product knowledge or ability to learn product offerings.
- Strong team player.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good problem solver with a systems-oriented thought process.
- Should be detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Strong PC skills required, including MS Office software.
- Ability to set, prioritize and communicate goals.
- Ability to handle emergency or unusual situations effectively.
- Must display a high level of maturity, integrity and sound judgment.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.