Newburyport, MA 01950
Schulte Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Production Supervisor for a growing company in Newburyport, MA. Our client is a leading manufacturer in packaging products for a variety of industries
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the direct oversight, supervision, training, development, and support of our production associates. This is a hands-on role requiring substantial time to be spent on the plant floor.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of successful production supervision experience required.
- Computer systems knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision to complete job tasks.
- Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring a quick resolution to challenging situations.
- Team player with the ability to build lasting productive business relationships with hourly associates, management, and peers.
- Ability to effectively communicate information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, customers or suppliers.
- Ensures employees are following safe work practices and procedures consistently and completely. Audits for compliance and addresses safety issues in a timely manner.
- Works safely and is proactively involved in plant safety improvement efforts.
- Conducts safety, quality and job function training for shift personnel.
- Spot checks product quality and ensures specifications are being met and quality procedures are being followed.
- Trains associates in proper procedures; coaches them to improve results, and evaluates performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves processes, equipment, and material issues in conjunction with machine operators and support personnel.
- Interprets work orders and specifications to associates, as necessary.
- Leads and assists associates in problem resolution. Leads and supports efforts to determine root cause and develop corrective actions.
- Studies and understands production schedule and deploys available labor and other resources, as required.
- Recommends measures to improve safety, production methods, equipment performance, quality of the product, and reduction of waste.
- Suggests changes in procedures, labor utilization, use of equipment, and materials to increase the efficiency of the plant.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate associates to achieve work goals.
- Double-checks and ensures accuracy and finalizes production paperwork including production reports, work order documentation, safety and sanitation documents, quality records, finished goods tickets, etc.
- Interprets company policies, rules/regulations to associates.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately at the necessary frequency with subordinates, peers, and superiors.
- Performs activities of associates supervised, as needed.
- All other projects and duties, as assigned.