Newburyport, MA 01950
Schulte Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Production Supervisor for a growing company in Newburyport, MA. Our client is a leading manufacturer in packaging products for a variety of industries
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the direct oversight, supervision, training, development, and support of our production associates. This is a hands-on role requiring substantial time to be spent on the plant floor.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of successful production supervision experience required.
- Computer systems knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision to complete job tasks.
- Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring a quick resolution to challenging situations.
- Team player with the ability to build lasting productive business relationships with hourly associates, management, and peers.
- Ability to effectively communicate information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, customers or suppliers.
- Ensures employees are following safe work practices and procedures consistently and completely. Audits for compliance and addresses safety issues in a timely manner.
- Works safely and is proactively involved in plant safety improvement efforts.
- Conducts safety, quality and job function training for shift personnel.
- Spot checks product quality and ensures specifications are being met and quality procedures are being followed.
- Trains associates in proper procedures; coaches them to improve results, and evaluates performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves processes, equipment, and material issues in conjunction with machine operators and support personnel.
- Interprets work orders and specifications to associates, as necessary.
- Leads and assists associates in problem resolution. Leads and supports efforts to determine root cause and develop corrective actions.
- Studies and understands production schedule and deploys available labor and other resources, as required.
- Recommends measures to improve safety, production methods, equipment performance, quality of the product, and reduction of waste.
- Suggests changes in procedures, labor utilization, use of equipment, and materials to increase the efficiency of the plant.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate associates to achieve work goals.
- Double-checks and ensures accuracy and finalizes production paperwork including production reports, work order documentation, safety and sanitation documents, quality records, finished goods tickets, etc.
- Interprets company policies, rules/regulations to associates.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately at the necessary frequency with subordinates, peers, and superiors.
- Performs activities of associates supervised, as needed.
- All other projects and duties, as assigned.
Marcela brings to our team her professional experience in admin/HR and customer service and applies them to the staffing industry. Marcela has an uncanny ability to work with a diverse group of people. Marcela recently relocated to Salem, MA with her husband from Denver, CO. She dedicates her free time to exploring new surroundings, traveling, reading, learning new languages (Spanish, English, French) and spending time with her dog and two cats.