Punch Press Operator
2 Stanley Tucker Driveq Newburyport, MA 01950 US
Our client in the Haverhill area is seeking experienced Press Brake and Punch Press Operators. This is well-established companies that could provide years of job stability. The company always has superior benefits including Health, Dental, 401-K Plan, paid days off, etc. Willing to train the right person that is extremely mechanically inclined and is a fast learner.
Sets up and operates punch presses to make parts from various metals and inspects those parts against customer requirements and for cosmetic or functional defects. Work in a team environment to achieve daily goals and targets.
Pay Rate and Hours
$20.00 - $25.00 p/h depending on experience,
6:00am - 3:00pm
- Set up stamping presses.
- Run and operate stamping presses
- Perform required inspections.
- Load and unload material.
- Keep records of material used in production and any partial coils put back into inventory.
- Record accurate production and maintenance records.
- Operate forklifts and pallet jacks to move raw material and barrels of parts.
- Correctly handle and document nonconforming product when it occurs.
- Comply with quality management system requirements.
- Perform correct press setups to prevent nonconforming parts and damage to tooling or equipment.
- Make parts which meet customer requirements.
- Avoid unnecessary press downtime.
- Ensure presses are supplied with fresh coils as required to avoid production interruptions.
- Ensure any nonconforming material is segregated and reported.
- Keep work area clean and organized and any problems with equipment are reported.
- Ensure separation is maintained between different parts and lots.
- Safe operation of machines.
Knowledge and Skills
- Forklift and overhead crane operation and safety
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
- Use of micrometers, calipers and other hand inspection tools
- Press operation and safety
- Basic math skills
CEC Specific Training Required
- Bruderer press setup and operation
- Part inspection methods and requirements
- Coil inventory system
- Material identification and inspection
- Control of nonconforming material
- Part identification and lot segregation
- Die condition documentation
Meet Your Recruiter
Julie joins the Schulte Staffing Team with a proven background in client and team support! Since joining Schulte Staffing, Julie became an integral part of our operations as a branch administrative assistant. After mastering our administrative needs and learning the in's and out's of candidate placement, Julie was interested in a joining our recruiting efforts. Julie always has the candidate and client's best interests in mind.