Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Quality Assurance Tech for our client in Peabody. Our client is a lead engineer and manufacturer of precision servo actuators, gear heads and gear component. Resulting in being able to provide custom engineered solutions to a wide of businesses. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing company. Our client offers an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and work environment.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for monitoring the overall process to assure that product exiting the process is correct. Monitoring includes mechanical and visual inspection of precision parts for dimensional and visual compliance to established procedures.
• Responsible for inspection of incoming product to established drawings and standards.
• Responsible for In-Process Inspection of product to drawings and standards.
• Responsible for providing inspection support to all departments in the organization.
Document Non-Conforming Material per established procedures.
• Perform other responsibilities as required
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Perform receiving, in-process, and final inspection.
• Machine shop process knowledge; turning, milling.
• Experience with CMM (programming skills preferred, such as Mitutoyo MCOSMOS)
• Knowledge of the gear manufacturing processes of shaping, hobbing and shot peening and cleaning helpful.
• Knowledge of crimping and soldering termination inspection is helpful.
• Programming CMM from 3D solid models is helpful
• Knowledge of ERP systems
• Working knowledge of GD&T (read and interpret)
• Mechanical Inspection of precision part
• Must be able to multi-task without losing track of details
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
• 5-7 years as a QA Technician.
• High School or equivalent diploma
• Visual inspection experience
• Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work
• Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications
• Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the shop floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to squat or kneel occasionally
Brad has been in the staffing industry for "far longer than he would like to admit.” Brad brings over 20 years of sales, operations, management and recruiting experience and industry knowledge to Schulte Staffing. Brad offers career counseling and resume reviews for our candidates in addition to providing guidance on customized client staffing programs. When Brad is not offering career advice to our candidates, he is "offering" advice to his five children. Brad coordinates an annual family turkey drive feeding 50 local families a complete Thanksgiving dinner. He enjoys his beloved Red Sox, cooking and taking day trips along the coast.