37 South Hunt Road Amesbury, MA 01913
Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a quality inspector for our client in Amesbury, MA. Our client is the leading supplier of RF and EMI absorbing material for commercial and defense applications. This is a great temp to perm opportunities in a hands-on environment. Excellent benefits are offered once perm!
- Perform inspection/testing of incoming, in-process and finished product and materials to verify conformity to specifications/characteristics; such as appearance, labeling, documentation, dimensions, performance, mechanical, electrical, or chemical properties
- Read and interpret engineered drawings/ schematics/formulas, work orders, procedures, instructions and specifications to determine the applicable inspection, testing, and documentation requirements. Confer with management or engineering staff as needed to clarify/determine quality and reliability standards/requirements.
- Determine methodology and mechanical set up of measuring equipment/fixtures to properly measure dimensions, angles, profiles and configuration attributes.
- Record test data and apply statistical techniques where needed.
- Complete inspection/test documentation/reports with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency in accordance with both customer contract and ARC’ s quality requirements. Share such information as instructed with both internal and external customers.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- · Assist in problem-solving and root cause analysis on nonconformities and provide recommendations for actions/improvements to meet quality assurance standards.
- Work effectively with cross-functional team members to communicate the status of inspection activities and help prioritize work.
- Must demonstrate skills in mechanical set-up and the use of various measuring devices/equipment; such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, radius gages.
- Use of CMM and optical measurement systems and general knowledge of GD&T is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and completeness of work.
- Must demonstrate appropriate/professional communication skills both written and verbal to address internal and external customer issues/requirements.
- · Must demonstrate the ability to work independently with little supervision while keeping management informed.
- · Must display a sense of urgency and responsiveness to ensure commitments are met in a timely manner.
- · Previous experience in an ISO 9001 / AS9100 facility is a plus.
- · Experienced with MS office tools (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a mechanical inspector.
- Ability to use calipers, height gage, and micrometers as well as interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience using Coordinate Measuring Machine and/or Vision Measurement System.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance.
Marcela brings to our team her professional experience in admin/HR and customer service and applies them to the staffing industry. Marcela has an uncanny ability to work with a diverse group of people. Marcela recently relocated to Salem, MA with her husband from Denver, CO. She dedicates her free time to exploring new surroundings, traveling, reading, learning new languages (Spanish, English, French) and spending time with her dog and two cats.