247 Lynnfield Street Peabody, MA 01960
Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Quality Manager for our client in Peabody. Our client is a lead engineer and manufacturer of precision servo actuators, gear heads and gear component. Resulting in being able to provide custom engineered solutions to a wide of businesses. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing company. Our client offers an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and work environment.
The Quality Assurance Manager is the advocate for the customer; responsible for monitoring the overall process to assure that product being shipped to the customer is correct in all ways. The Quality Assurance Manager is also the Management Representative for the companies ISO Registration.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists management and project personnel with quality initiatives.
- Develops quality specifications, assures compliance to established standards that include but are not limited to: testing, processing, servicing, and installation procedures.
- Investigate quality problems and customer complaint issues.
- Ensures compliance to ISO 9000 Quality Standards, including but not limited to document and data control, creating, updating, and maintaining procedures and document system, managing internal audits, corrective/preventive action process and management review meetings.
- Serves as Management Representative for the company supporting all functional directors.
- Generates required reports, expense budgets, charts and graphs.
- Responsible for vendor in-process surveillance, when required.
- Responsible for the control of all inspection gauges, measuring and other equipment.
- Administer correction action systems as required.
- Liaison with numerous Government/Customer Quality Representatives.
- Work with Finance to establish annual budgets for the Quality Department and operate the department business following the budget plan.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of industry & technology
- Must be firm, concise, and display sound judgment in all directions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Data analysis.
- Knowledge of Auditing.
- Read and interpret drawings using GD&T.
- Presentation of information and report writing
- In-house process knowledge; shaping, hobbing, shot peening, heat treating and cleaning
- Knowledge of gearing and gear production methods
- Machine shop process knowledge; turning, milling
- Knowledge of Metrology Lab machines
- Knowledge of special measurements (LFI, LFO, GTR)
- Knowledge of ERP Inventory and Quality modules
- Excellent Written and verbal communication Skills
- Provide supervision and direction to Inspection personnel.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8: 00a.m. to 5: 00p.m.
Travel is expected 20% of the time.
Required Education and Experience
- Advanced degree or equivalent quality experience.
- 5 - 10 years’ business experience with a working knowledge of the operational aspects or manufacturing.
Marcela brings to our team her professional experience in admin/HR and customer service and applies them to the staffing industry. Marcela has an uncanny ability to work with a diverse group of people. Marcela recently relocated to Salem, MA with her husband from Denver, CO. She dedicates her free time to exploring new surroundings, traveling, reading, learning new languages (Spanish, English, French) and spending time with her dog and two cats.