Senior Quality Control Technician
42 Dunham Rdg Rd Beverly, MA 01915 US
Benefits include but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical
- 100% paid dental
- Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Profit sharing
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay!
Senior Quality Control Technician is responsible for performing and documenting FAIs, receiving, in-process and final inspection to ensure product conforms to all applicable requirements
- Applies advanced knowledge of GD&T and Metrology principles to program CMM’s/vision systems to ensure products meet requirements.
- Resolve issues and answer questions from Operators as well as from Inspectors and Engineers.
- Train other inspectors and technicians.
- Work with Quality Engineering and perform validation and verification of programs (CMM, vision systems, etc.).
- Participate or lead special projects related to tooling fixtures and gages.
- Identifies and drives cost reduction projects utilizing Lean Manufacturing principle.
- Works closely with the team to determine efficiency gaps, and to implement improvements.
- Create CMM programs using part drawings or models and perform inspections as required.
- Troubleshoot and/or amend existing CMM programs.
- Create instructions for using inspection tools and systems.
- Provide inspection support to all departments in the organization, perform part inspection and FAIs.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- Expert in reading blueprints and full understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of mechanical inspection and proficiency in the use of manual & visual inspection equipment: e.g., Calipers, gauges, micrometers, digital indicators, surface plates, optical comparators, microscopes, coordinate measuring machine, profilometers, hardness/durometer testers.
- Proficiency with CMM programming in MCOSMOS highly desired.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, data entry skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to foster positive relationships with all functional groups.
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office).
- Understands travelers and work instructions.
- Strong desire to learn and to apply new skills.
- Problem solving ability with an organized & analytical approach.
- Proven ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to ever-changing fast-paced environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required
- Advanced knowledge on all metrology programs and strong working knowledge of GD&T including the ability to read and interpret.
- Min. 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, performing mechanical inspection of precision parts using inspection equipment and tools
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with advanced CMM programming and using advanced Vision System programming.
Hours and Payrate
This is a full-time hourly position which operates Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Pays: $20.00 - $22.00 p/h
***This position is restricted to U.S. citizens due to U.S. government contract regulations that require the employment of only persons who are U.S. citizens. Must have the ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance***
Meet Your Recruiter
Brad has been in the staffing industry for "far longer than he would like to admit.” Brad brings over 20 years of sales, operations, management and recruiting experience and industry knowledge to Schulte Staffing. Brad offers career counseling and resume reviews for our candidates in addition to providing guidance on customized client staffing programs. When Brad is not offering career advice to our candidates, he is "offering" advice to his five children. Brad coordinates an annual family turkey drive feeding 50 local families a complete Thanksgiving dinner. He enjoys his beloved Red Sox, cooking and taking day trips along the coast.