Newburyport, MA 01950
Schulte Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Shipping Supervisor for a growing company in Newburyport, MA. Our client is a leading manufacturer in packaging products for a variety of industries.
Oversees and executes activities of workers concerned with safety, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, and supplies in the warehouse. Plans, coordinates and executes activities necessary to meet the company’ s finished goods, raw materials, and inventory goals. Maintains and controls a clean and organized work environment.
- Ensure that employees work Safely
- Reviews weekly safety topic with his/her staff
- Ensure on-time delivery of products to customers.
- Communicate with customer service/sales staff for all pertinent information which might affect the planning, and shipment of the product to the customer.
- Review customer orders, plan, track, and control orders and cancellations.
- Monitor and manage component and finished goods inventories and review shortages, excess and obsolete items.
- Control stock and eliminate damages
- Work with material handling personnel to minimize materials issues and streamline product flow paths.
- Seek out waste and excess cost and develop and implement cost reduction methods and strategies.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, and stored; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and stock; and related problems.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures.
- Determines work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve the efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers.
- Experience using software- materials management systems.
- Experience costing Freight cost
- A good understanding of lean manufacturing principles is preferred
- Minimum 2 years supervisor related experience
- Strong team player.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good problem solver with a systems-oriented thought process.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Strong PC skills required, including MS Office software.
- Ability to set, prioritize and communicate goals.
- Ability to handle emergency or unusual situations effectively.
- Must display a high level of maturity, integrity and sound judgment.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.